Sunday, July 12, 2015

Time | Anyone have any extra?

It is the end of the short five weeks, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't ready for a break. I love school, (#nerdalert) but that was a long 5 weeks. Admittedly, I learned much more than I thought and am going back to school with so many ideas to share with colleagues, which is exciting! 

This experience reminded me, in a few ways, of how I sometimes feel at school. Teaching is amazing, and there is no other job I would rather do. But it isn't easy, and there is a lot on my plate most of the time. Many times, there is just so much that I want to do, and I just don't have enough time to do so.

That is how exactly how I felt about taking three classes this summer. I wanted to be able to do it all - tweet about my experience, read all my classmates blogs, participate in all discussions in all classes, etc. I am being honest when I say I did all I could, and it seems like it wasn't enough! Did I participate enough? Was that the best article I could find? How did I not notice my podcast needed music - I swear I read all the directions? Oh shoot - I missed a document (#storyofthissummer).

My son is 14 months, and while I am lucky to have my husband home as he is also a teacher, I LOVE my family, and owed them my time too. Life goes by too fast, and I had to put the computer down sometimes and not let it pass me by!

I did my best, and this time around, that might have to be enough for me :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment